Join our team this summer!
Looking for a Lifeguard or Austin Swim Instructor job this summer?
We are currently seeking water safety or lifeguard certified swim instructors for summer programming for Preschool and Elementary age children during our summer camp.
If you are looking for a rewarding summer position with no night or weekend requirements and you are an ambitious self-starter with a joyful enthusiastic attitude looking to work with a collaborative group of educators, come join our team!
Pool locations include:
Leander, Kyle and two Austin locations on Anderson Mill and Shoal Creek
Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 5:30 pm
Ready to get started?
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Encourage and assist in positive social and emotional interactions
- Observe and provide feedback for youth and adults in swim lessons
- Assist in smoothly transitioning children from classroom to pool
- Engage parents with weekly updates and bi-weekly “swim showoffs”
- Actively engage children in learning basic water safety skills
- Ensure safety and well-being of children at all times
- Check and record PH of water daily
- Must be 18 years of age
- Ability to observe and instruct children in the pool and to lift small children
- Proof of high school diploma or GED (preferred college course work/ degree)
- American Red Cross CPR/AED/First Aid/Lifeguard certifications
- Knowledge of Early Childhood Education Practices
- Dedicated to Stepping Stone School Core values
- Positive Attitude, Passion and Tenacity
- Committed to Children and Families