From a warm, heartfelt welcome to frequent thoughtful updates throughout the day, at Stepping Stone School, we offer not only exceptional nurturing and education for our students, but also extraordinary support and care for our parents, above and beyond all others.
Family Service – Customer service which is more balanced, comprehensive and thoughtful and sets the gold standard in early care and education.
We believe the success of Stepping Stone School children depends upon the quality of our partnership with our families – a partnership based on trust, integrity, compassion, happiness and peace of mind.
Here’s what Family Service looks like:
- a Positive Parenting Program™ which provides parenting assistance for new parents as well as other developmental milestones for your child
- we assist families with each child’s transition throughout their Stepping Stone School career
- annual parent teacher conferences
- a learning portfolio for each child
- the most service oriented cadre of administrators and teachers in the nation
- daily Platinum Learning Link™ electronic communications
- custom learning plans based on each student’s unique brilliance
Platinum Learning Link™ Daily Communications Keeps Parents in Touch
We place great emphasis on open communication with our parents. Our Platinum Learning Link™ powered by the Tadpoles electronic daily communication tool is a progressive method of keeping parents in touch with their children during school hours. Through Platinum Learning Link™, parents receive daily complimentary emails that outline their child’s learning, eating, sleeping, exercise, and toilet activities (as appropriate). The emails are private and secure. Parents can securely:
- Receive photos, videos, and notes by email
- Receive emergency alerts by text message
- View their child’s history using the app
- Mark their child out sick or on vacation using the app
At every level, we commit to supporting our children and families.
Community and Philanthropy
Above all, Stepping Stone School is committed to developing smart children and strong families. But we’re also proud to be part of something larger – the Central Texas community. From neighborhoods such as Teravista and Southpark Meadows to the greater Round Rock and Leander regions, we are proud to be deeply rooted in each and every community that our schools are located in.
At Stepping Stone School, we understand the greater connection between children, families, schools, businesses and communities. While we instinctively teach sharing in the classroom, we also value educating children about generosity at a higher level. So each campus is involved in activities that foster community giving and a spirit of helping others.
Our leadership begins in our classrooms, as we model, practice and teach the importance of good safety, good health and overall wellness. They extend to our schools, as we model, practice and teach the value of environmental stewardship by “going green.” And these efforts reach out into our community, as we enthusiastically embrace opportunities to help make Central Texas a better place to learn, work, live and be.
At Stepping Stone School we practice what we teach:
- Sponsors of the Kids’ K and activity center at the annual ThunderCloud Subs Turkey Trot. Not only does this event promote family wellness, but it also benefits Caritas of Austin, a nonprofit organization working to alleviate hunger, homelessness and poverty.
- Sponsors of the children’s activity center at the annual American Heart Association Austin Heart Walk, working to improve health through family activity.
- Supports the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Austin and Central Texas, a nonprofit organization that creates, finds and supports programs that directly improve the health and well-being of children and their families. To date, Stepping Stone School and their school age students have donated over $41,000 to the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Texas.
- Stepping Stone School supports, sponsors and provides in-kind donations to many other child and family related causes in the central Texas metro area.
Additionally, our founder and executive director, Rhonda Paver, M.A. and her husband, Bill Paver, PhD, have established the Paver Family Foundation. The foundation offers generous philanthropic gifts to several nonprofit organizations centered on helping children and families, both locally and globally, including:
- Advancing educational excellence
- Supporting mothers and children
- Supporting third-world communities
Make a Difference™ Scholarship
Stepping Stone School has proudly awarded the “Make a Difference” scholarship to alumni who in turn have made a difference in the lives of those around them.
Stepping Stone School’s Make a Difference™college scholarship fund is just one of our many philanthropic activities which supports the communities and families we serve. The Paver family and Stepping Stone School play an integral role in our community by providing the highest quality early care and education to our children at an affordable rate. They also understand the need for social responsibility which is part of the Stepping Stone School curriculum and integrated into programming for our children. The Make a Difference™ fund provides college scholarships to children who have attended Stepping Stone School during their early academic years.
To learn more about the Make a Difference™ scholarship program, please click here