From a warm, heartfelt welcome to frequent thoughtful updates throughout the day, at Stepping Stone School, we offer not only exceptional nurturing and education for our students, but also extraordinary support and care for our parents, above and beyond all others.
Family Service – Customer service which is more balanced, comprehensive and thoughtful and sets the gold standard in early care and education.
We believe the success of Stepping Stone School children depends upon the quality of our partnership with our families – a partnership based on trust, integrity, compassion, happiness and peace of mind.
Here’s what Family Service looks like:
- A Positive Parenting Program™ which provides parenting assistance for new parents as well as other developmental milestones for your child
- We assist families with each child’s transition throughout their Stepping Stone School career
- Annual parent teacher conferences
- A learning portfolio for each child
- The most service oriented cadre of administrators and teachers in the nation
- Daily Platinum Learning Link™ electronic communications
- Custom learning plans based on each student’s unique brilliance
Platinum Learning Link™ Daily Communications Keeps Parents in Touch
We place great emphasis on open communication with our parents. Our Platinum Learning Link™ powered by the Tadpoles electronic daily communication tool is a progressive method of keeping parents in touch with their children during school hours. Through Platinum Learning Link™, parents receive daily complimentary emails that outline their child’s learning, eating, sleeping, exercise, and toilet activities (as appropriate). The emails are private and secure. Parents can securely:
- Receive photos, videos, and notes by email
- Receive emergency alerts by text message
- View their child’s history using the app
- Mark their child out sick or on vacation using the app
Stepping Stone School offers additional learning through the ABCmouse.com program in all Pre-K classrooms across the system.
ABCmouse.com is a global education initiative using a comprehensive and engaging online curriculum that helps children build a strong foundation for academic success. Learners in pre-k, kindergarten, and early elementary school can explore a wide range of topics with a focus in math, science, reading, arts, and culture. The program of learning can also continue at home.
Stepping Stone School provides free access to the full ABCmouse program for in-home use.
Learn more about Technology-Based Learning at Stepping Stone School
Parenting and Education
Valuable resources, articles and stories offering parenting help from Boys Town.
Parenting advice, activities for children, family games and recipes from the Family Education Network.
The go-to resource for children’s health issues and insight, from the American Academy of Pediatrics.
From the folks at Whole Foods, some great information about nutrition and wellness.
- Dell Children’s Medical Center of Central Texas
Local children’s health information and resources.
- Austin Regional Clinic Pediatric Health Library
Robust and searchable database of topics related to children’s health.
Parenting, child development and education information from birth to college-age.
- Working Mother magazine
Family and career articles, parenting tips and mom blogs.
- Harvard University’s Center on the Developing Child
Shares its research and information aimed at expanding opportunities early in life.
- Safe Riders Traffic Safety Program
Sponsored by the Texas Department of State Health Services in cooperation with the Texas Department of Transportation, Safe Riders provides helpful information about child passenger safety
Classic Children’s Literature
We’ve compiled our favorite children’s books. Although listed by age, most of these books can be enjoyed by children (and adults) of all ages. Learn more.
Our go-to list of child-development books, many of which we have available for parents to borrow. Learn more.
Family Friendly Events & Activities
- Austin Aquarium
- Austin Parks & Recreation
- Austin Family magazine
- Austin Farmer’s Markets
- Bob Bullock Texas History Museum
- Free Fun in Austin: Local Adventures for Families
- Family Things to Do in Austin, Texas
- Do512 Family
- Austin Kids Guide
- Austin Kids’ Directory
- Austin, Texas for Kids
- Austin Public Library Youth Programs
- Austin Nature & Science Center
- Dougherty Arts Center
- The Thinkery
- Austin Museums for Kids
- Austin Zoo
- Zach Scott Theater
- Texas Night Sky Festival