Stepping Stone School is ‘Summer’s Smartest Destination!’
Start planning now for summer!
“Summer’s Smartest Destination” is a whole-child approach that will nourish your child’s mind, body and spirit!
CURRICULUM (Mind) – Our educational themes are the basis for fun, interesting activities and field journeys.
Your child will also take part in an organized math and literacy time each day to help them focus and hone the skills they learned during the school year. We are dedicated to preventing summer “brain drain.”
FIT FOR LIFE (Body) – We are pleased to offer our innovative “Fit For Life” program — health and physical activity education for all our students.
The program teaches the importance of maintaining a healthy body. We’ve added a variety of child-sized exercise equipment to our programs, too!
COMPASSION AND CHARACTER-BUILDING (Heart) – Lastly, a series of compassion and character-building activities will accompany the lessons each week. Your children will also have an opportunity to participate in a reflective thinking time each day.
JUNIOR COUNSELORS (Ages 11-13) – New this year: This innovative program teaches leadership, team-building and social skills.
Check out our planned smart and engaging subjects:
- June 3-14: Growing Up Green During this program, children will learn the importance of recycling and sustainability as well as gardening and healthy eating. We will focus on the importance of maintaining both the environment, as well as our bodies.
- June 17-28: The Space Age This program focuses on outer space and the exploration of the universe. Children will discover planets, stars and the solar system, as well as the means in which humans investigate the “final frontier.”
- July 1-12: The Visual & Performing Arts The subject of this two-week period is all of the ways in which one can express oneself artistically. The children will learn about painting, sculpture, dance, acting, music, writing and even news broadcasting.
- July 15-26: Perusing the Past This section of the summer takes a look back at history. Not only human history but the history of Planet Earth as well. We will investigate the forming of the continents, dinosaurs and a variety of ancient civilizations.
- July 29-August 9: Technological Challenge Technological Challenge investigates both simple and complex machines and the forces of physics that make them work. From pulleys to advanced computing, the children will discover how machines impact their lives.
- August 12-23: Animal Kingdom For the final program of the summer, the children will take an in-depth look at the vast array of animal life that inhabits Planet Earth. From bugs to whales, the children will discover how these creatures affect humans and each other.