Stepping Stone School is pleased to announce the addition of its new foreign language enhancement! The Dual Language Immersion Labs will give students at each school a jump start at learning a second language.
According to the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages, learning a second language at an early age…
- Has a positive effect on intellectual growth;
- Enriches and enhances a child’s mental development;
- Leaves students with more flexibility in thinking, greater sensitivity to language, and a better ear for listening;
- Improves a child’s understanding of his/her native language;
- Gives a child the ability to communicate with people s/he would otherwise not have the chance to know;
- Opens the door to other cultures and helps a child understand and appreciate people from other countries;
- Gives a student a head start in language requirements for college; and
- Increases job opportunities in many careers where knowing another language is a real asset.
This new language enrichment is just a small part of how Stepping Stone School is boosting brain development in its young students. The new labs are up and running at a Stepping Stone School near you!