Nine Things Parents of Successful Children Have in Common
“While there isn’t a set recipe for raising successful children, psychological research has pointed to a handful of factors that predict success,” states Rachel Gillett in her article from Independent, “Nine Things Parents of Successful Children Have in Common.”
According to a series of studies from psychologists at Duke University, UCLA, and other esteemed university research departments, these factors predict success:
1. They teach their children social skills.
2. They have high expectations.
3. The mothers work.
4. They have a higher socioeconomic status.
5. They’ve attained higher educational levels.
6. They teach their children math early on.
7. They develop a relationship with their children.
8. They’re less stressed.
9. They value effort over avoiding failure.