Safety & Security
At Stepping Stone School, the safety and health of our students and families are the foundation on which everything rests. Providing a learning environment that is clean, secure and healthy is our number-one priority.
Security is #1
Our outstanding safety measures give parents comfort and confidence. Our safeguards include:
- 24-hour video surveillance in each classroom with the real-time video feed displayed on monitors in the welcome area or principal’s office
- Security-code-access entrance
- Background, FBI-fingerprint and criminal-history checks on all teachers
- Staff ID badges
- Stringent name-to-face transition procedures to ensure each child is accounted for at key points throughout the day
- Child check alarms in all vehicles transporting children
- CPR and first-aid certified staff and instructors
- Outdoor canopies with 98% UV protection
- Age-appropriate outdoor playgrounds, usually positioned behind the building and a safe distance from surrounding streets and parking lots and enclosed by privacy fencing.
- A well-documented, thorough and secure emergency plan is in place at all times.