[wufoo username=”steppingstoneschool” formhash=”z4bgy2k1qnafb6″ autoresize=”true” height=”1392″ ssl=”true”]
- Unfortunately, the tax law as it relates to the dependent care expenses is detailed and in some cases confusing. Limitations and exceptions are spelled out in greater detail in the instructions to IRS form 2441, Child and Dependent Care Expenses. A copy of this form and the accompanying instructions can be found on the IRS website, IRS.gov.
- Many employers also maintain “cafeteria plans” or other programs which can be used to pay child care costs with “pretax” dollars. We urge you to inquire if your employer has any such available benefits.
- Please consult a tax accountant if you have questions.
- Basic Information about Childcare Tax Credits
- Frequently Asked Questions about Year-End Statements
Disclaimer: The information provided here is not meant to replace the advice and counsel of a professional tax preparer, CPA or tax attorney. If you have questions regarding your deductions, you should contact a professional to provide you with the necessary guidance.