Stepping Stone School has developed its own exclusive curriculum, based upon more than 30 years of mastery in the classroom combined with the latest leading-edge research on how children learn best.
Stepping Stone School’s unique Early Achievers Program™ provides the ideal academic elements to ensure your child’s smooth transition to elementary school, and is therefore the foundation of our Kindergarten Readiness Academy™.
This curriculum is based on seven key learning areas. With a strong concentration on writing/literacy and reading/language, our Early Achievers Program™ also covers math concepts, natural science, technology and foreign cultures, physical, social/emotional and character development, and creative expression.
Curriculum for each of these academic areas is custom-tailored for each of our six age groups, as well as for your individual child:
- Early Childhood Developmental Nurturance Program (6 weeks – 18 months)
- Developmental Preschool Program (18 months – 3 years)
- Kindergarten Readiness Academy (3 – 4 years)
- Advanced Kindergarten Readiness Academy (4 – 5 years)
- Private Kindergarten (5 – 6 years)
- Future Leaders and Inventors School-Age Program (after-school and summer camp programs)
Stepping Stone School supports its academic curriculum with specially selected programs and activities designed to expand our students’ knowledge and experience in health and wellness, martial arts, music, dance, technology, and communication.
Many of these enrichments are available to all Stepping Stone School students as part of their daily learning:
- American Sign Language
- Sports & fitness program
- Family-style meals
- Writing & computer centers
- Reading & math centers
- Opus One music program
Other extracurricular classes – in martial arts, swimming or dance – are available at many of our schools for a reasonable fee.
Stepping Stone School integrates today’s technology into our classroom curriculum, through a partnership with the Hatch® learning technology company.
- Hatch’s TeachSmart® Learning System is an interactive whiteboard with hands-on technology, and the only pre-K educational software accredited by SMART™ Technologies at the highest Select Level. It’s an interactive learning center with over 1,000 activities children can independently access with just a touch.
- Hatch’s iStartSmart All-In-One Computer Learning Center is designed to develop school-readiness skills. The system engages children with play-based activities and moves them through 18 skill areas, ensuring competency at each level before moving up to the next. It also includes standards-based progress monitoring and reporting capabilities.
It’s this progressive approach to developing active learners that ultimately lets them soar, and helps make Stepping Stone School the best.