Stepping Stone School promotes and practices conservation and sustainability wherever possible to give our students and families a superior learning environment today and a brighter future tomorrow.
Stepping Stone’s Green Power Program includes:
- large, efficient, insulated windows for more natural light and less energy usage;
- programmable, zoned high-efficiency cooling/heating systems;
- air-purification systems;
- low-VOC paint;
- recycled-content solid-surface wall coverings and carpet tiles;
- high-efficiency, low-voltage lighting;
- low-flow toilets and faucets;
- refurbished electronics and computers;
- chef-prepared nutrition plan with fresh, organic produce;
- recycled and recyclable plates, cups and dinnerware;
- food containers cleaned and repurposed for classroom projects;
- eco-friendly anti-microbial and non-irritating cleaning solutions;
- native xeriscaped landscaping requiring less water;
- family newsletters emailed for paper and ink reduction; and
- nutrition and recycling education integrated into our curriculum.
It’s this walk-the-talk involvement in protecting our world that brightens our prospects and helps make Stepping Stone School the best.