Future Leaders and Innovators
Our year-round developmental learning curriculum continues through the summer to provide your children with intellect-stimulating programming, health and wellness education and character-building activities disguised as fun!
Make your child’s summer a whole-child adventure that will nourish his or her mind, body and spirit!
Summer Curriculum (Mind)
Our summer curriculum achieves a balance between engaging and challenging children, while ensuring they’re ready for the coming school year. Your children will take part in an organized math and literacy time each day to help them focus and hone the skills they learned during the school year. We are dedicated to preventing summer “brain drain.”
Our educational themes are the basis for fun, interesting activities and Field Journeys.
Check out the smart and engaging subjects we’ll be studying this summer:
- June 3-14: Growing Up Green During this program, children will learn the importance of recycling and sustainability as well as gardening and healthy eating. We will focus on the importance of maintaining both the environment, as well as our bodies.
- June 17-28: The Space Age This program focuses on outer space and the exploration of the universe. Children will discover planets, stars and the solar system, as well as the means by which humans investigate the “final frontier.”
- July 1-12: The Visual & Performing Arts The focus of this two-week period is on all of the ways in which one can express oneself artistically. Your children will learn about painting, sculpture, dance, acting, music, writing and even news broadcasting.
- July 15-26: Perusing the Past During this section of the summer we’ll take a look at not only human history but the history of Planet Earth. We will investigate dinosaurs, the forming of the continents and a variety of ancient civilizations.
- July 29-August 9: Technological Challenge Technological Challenge investigates both simple and complex machines and the forces of physics that make them work. From pulleys to advanced computing, your children will discover how machines affect their lives.
- August 12-23: Animal Kingdom For the final program of the summer, your children will take an in-depth look at the array of animal life that inhabits Planet Earth. From bugs to whales, your children will discover how these creatures affect humans and each other.
Field Journeys – This is just a sample of the educational and exciting Field Journeys that your child will experience this summer at Stepping Stone School. (May vary by location.)
- Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum
- Innerspace Caverns
- Theatre Action Project
- Magic Show
- LBJ Library
- IMAX Theater
- Main Event
- Cici’s Pizza
- Games 2 U
- Mad Science
- Professional speakers
Passport to Summer’s Smartest Destination – The children participating in our summer camp program receive a “Passport to Summer’s Smartest Destination,” in which they can record favorite memories, achievements, Field Journeys and friendships! These passports will not only keep writing skills polished throughout the summer, but will serve as a reminder of all their summer adventures!
Fit For Life (Body)
We are pleased to offer our innovative “Fit For Life” program — well-body education for all our students. The program teaches the importance of maintaining a healthy body through nutritious eating, good habits and physical activity.
Our Sports Camp is a popular feature that provides exercise and fun while teaching sports skills, strategy and social skills, like teamwork. We’ve added a variety of child-sized exercise equipment to our programs, too!
Compassion and Character-Building (Heart)
Lastly, a series of compassion and character-building activities will accompany the lessons each week. Your children will also have an opportunity to participate in guided reflective thinking time each day.
Our exclusive “Entrepreneurs & Philanthropists” program is a big part of this series. Your young student will enjoy helping to plan, organize and run four “businesses” for the purpose of raising money to donate to families in need. These amazing children have raised more than $10,000 for Ronald McDonald House Charities of Austin and Scotty’s House in College Station since we began the program!
Junior Counselors (Ages 11-13)
New this year, our innovative Junior Counselors program is open to children ages 11-13 and teaches leadership, team-building and social skills through activities such as community service, planning activities and mentoring others.
Nutritious Hot Lunch
We are pleased to provide nutritious and healthy hot lunches to our school-age children during school holidays and breaks. This convenient service is included at no additional cost on days when our school-age children attend full days. Healthful snacks are also served in the mornings and afternoons.