WHY CHOOSE STEPPING STONE SCHOOL?
Your child’s kindergarten experience should be exceptional! Research shows that the success children achieve during this year is a major indicator of future academic success. Our comprehensive, nationally recognized and accelerated kindergarten curriculum – implemented by experienced, certified teachers – builds the foundation to ensure the following years are equally exceptional!
You want this important year to be the very best for your child, and you will find that at Stepping Stone School. Our kindergartners discover their potential, eagerly explore new concepts and are inspired to be adventurous learners.
Advantages of Stepping Stone School’s private kindergarten:
- Stepping Stone School’s hand-selected, effective and supportive teachers and staff;
- The finest curriculum materials, approved by the Texas Education Agency (TEA);
- Smaller class sizes (lower ratios) for more individual attention;
- Convenience – kindergartners can be in the same school as their younger siblings;
- Nutritious lunch and snacks served daily;
- Later cut-off date means that younger children who are socially, emotionally and cognitively ready for kindergarten can get a head start on their education; and
- Child- and family-centered campuses.
Our kindergarten materials are selected exclusively from the curriculums approved by the Texas Education Agency (TEA) and meet or exceed the TEA Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) for Kindergarten.
- Language Arts and Reading – Journeys, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- Mathematics – HSP Math, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- Science – Houghton Mifflin Science
- Social Studies – My World, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- Fine Arts – art, music & theater.
- Health and Physical Education – health education and awareness is integrated in the daily curriculum as students learn about good foods, a healthy body and active life skills. Subjects include cooking, gardening, hygiene, dancing, outdoor games and sports.
- Languages Other Than English – daily Spanish language enrichment instruction.
- Technology Applications – Hatch® interactive, hands-on technology; computer labs.
- Social Life Skills – manners, social interactions and relating, self-regulation and other life skills are taught as informal and formal lessons.
Our program, prestigious curriculum, and long-term experience with school districts ensure school readiness and success for your child.
WHERE: Our Premier Private Kindergarten is available at:
Stepping Stone School at Teravista
651 Teravista Pkwy., Round Rock
WHEN: We will follow the local ISD (Round Rock ISD) schedules. Classes will run from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Before- and after-school care is available from Aug. 26, 2013-May 30, 2014.
ELIGIBILITY: Enrollment will be open to children who turn 5 before Dec. 31. Children who turn 5 between Sept. 1-Dec. 31 will be enrolled dependent on their developmental readiness as determined by Stepping Stone School professionals.
CLASS SIZE: Class size is limited to 15 students to ensure individual attention. Compare this to 22 or more children per teacher in most public kindergarten classes.
ENROLLMENT DATES: Preferred enrollment for current families is Feb. 1 through Mar. 30. Enrollment for the general public begins Apr. 1.
TO ENROLL: Complete the kindergarten enrollment form and deliver or mail it along with your enrollment fee of $150 to the address above or the Stepping Stone School main office at 1910 Justin Ln., Austin, TX 78757.
QUESTIONS? Contact us online or by phone at 512.341.8080.