Stepping Stone School is committed above all to developing smart children and strong families. But we’re also proud to be part of something larger – the Central Texas community.
At Stepping Stone School, we understand the greater connection between children, families, schools, businesses and communities. While we instinctively teach sharing in the classroom, we also value educating children about generosity at a higher level. So each of our schools is involved in activities that foster community giving and a spirit of helping others.
Our efforts begin in our classrooms, as we model, practice and teach the importance of good safety, good health and overall wellness. They extend to our schools, as we model, practice and teach the value of environmental stewardship by “going green.” And these efforts reach out into our community, as we enthusiastically embrace opportunities to help make Central Texas a better place to learn, work, live and be.
For example, Stepping Stone School:
- Sponsors the Kids’ K and activity center at the annual ThunderCloud Subs Turkey Trot. Not only does this event promote family wellness, but it also benefits Caritas of Austin, a nonprofit organization working to alleviate hunger, homelessness and poverty.
- Sponsors the children’s activity center at the annual American Heart Association Austin Heart Walk, working to improve health through family activity.
- Supports the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Austin and Central Texas, a nonprofit organization that creates, finds and supports programs that directly improve the health and well being of children and their families.
Additionally, our founder and executive director, Rhonda Paver, and her husband, Bill, have established the Paver Family Foundation. The foundation offers generous philanthropic gifts to several nonprofit organizations centered on helping children and families, both locally and globally, including:
- Assisting homeless mothers and children;
- Preventing child abuse;
- Advancing educational excellence; and
- Supporting third-world communities suffering from extreme poverty.
Make a Difference Scholarship
Stepping Stone School has proudly awarded the “Make a Difference” scholarship to alumni who in turn have made a difference in the lives of those around them.
One such student, an alumnus of Stepping Stone School, said, “When I was awarded the Make a Difference Scholarship, I realized that Stepping Stone School truly respects and promotes lifelong learning in the children they serve. Their emphasis on education and the compassion to help individuals grow and develop allowed me to start my college education and to continue to reach for my goals.”
Stepping Stone School’s Make a Difference Scholarship Program provides an opportunity and financial contribution toward furthering a young person’s education. Qualified Stepping Stone School alumni can apply the award toward college, student loans, continuing education or career training.
Students eligible for the Make a Difference scholarship:
- Must be at least 13 years old;
- Have attended a Stepping Stone School campus for at least one year;
- Are a US resident;
- Have a minimum grade point average of 2.0; and
- Have two recommendations.
For instructions, deadlines and additional details, interested alumni can download the scholarship application.